Watercolor wall art

My whole life I have been said that I am good at many things but painting. That was a fact. My elementary school art was...  well let's just say I should have keep it to have some good laugh.
When I stayed home with my daughter I was loosing my mind and decided to do something for just me. Why not to challenge myself. I took classes through city collage. Watercolor painting classes... The first approaches... well let's just say I should have keep it to have some good laugh. Unfortunately I have no place to keep unwanted items. I made a basic mistake by saving money on watercolor paper. I thought I can buy more expensive one once I learn how to paint. The reality is that you will never learn unless you have a good paper, brushes and paint. Here the quality makes BIG difference. 
After two weeks I bought cotton paper from Michaels which with 40% coupon was a good deal.
So for months I kept some of my paintings and at some point I decided to hang them in spare bedroom.


I used demonstration by Joanne Boon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kabOr6tlnkI 




Flowers in the pot come from a book I borrowed from the library. I don't recall the title now, but it was an easy technique that uses masking fluid and reflections.


Comments