Upcycled design on a dime

When we were buying home, my husband told me to get the furniture for a symbolic $1. At first that seemed like a preposterous idea, but then I am an achiever, so it became a mission. I started with old shutters my friend Rick had. I designed what later would be Maya's first book shelf. Ricked helped my to execute the plans or should I say I was his assistant.



I started to visit thrift stores. It is a great place to get great finds. I bought among many other things two night stands - $2 each.

I didn't even bother to remove all varnish from the surface: just sanded a little, applied primer in spray and black paint all over. Then I sprayed drawer handles with nickel silver. And this is what I got:
The quality of photos is not very good and the furniture is not staged, because I've never thought I will be putting them out in the air.

Comments