Crochet Head Wrap / Head Wand with 3-layer flower - Free Crochet Pattern

Recently I have been asked to crochet a nice, wide head band. I found this pattern:
It is well explained.
I like this head wrap because it gives you flexibility to adjust circumferences of the wrap to your head with attached button. I skipped the button hole step as the pattern of the wrap offers lots of holes to put a button through.




When made according to the pattern the wrap was 5.5" wide and 22" long. It was too big for most heads.
I decided to modify the pattern. I used crochet hook 2 sizes smaller than advised and skipped row 6 and 11 leaving 8 clusters on each side. Now the wrap is 21" long and 4" wide, which seams a perfect size.


This time I used hand made wood buttons. The instructions of how to make it are here: http://www.repeatcrafterme.com/2013/06/diy-wood-buttons.html

Thank you Rick for making the buttons for me!

Comments

Post a Comment