Awesome bandsaw jewelry box

Few days ago was my birthday. I got the best gift from my friend Rick. He is a hobbyist woodworker.
For a long time I have been looking for a jewelry box, but everything was either tacky or verrrry expensive. So I asked Rick to make a jewelry box for my as a birthday gift. He decided to use his band saw for that project. We started researching for a model to copy, but I just couldn't decide, so Rick said it's going to be a surprise.
This is what I saw when I opened the box:


Rick shared with me step-by-step photos of how the box was created. It looks really involved even though modest Rick says it wasn't so difficult and he enjoyed making it. This is the website he used as a model for his project:  http://www.burlwoodbox.com/detailpages/largejewerlybox_.htm


Rick used African Mahogany for the body. The front of the drawers were made from African Padauk and the handles from Black Walnut.













I will soon describe those pictures, but I need Rick's assistance to do that.

Comments